1 cup miniature marshmallows 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 1/2 cups white sugar 1/2 cup shortening 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 eggs
Strawberry Shortcut Cake
1) Preheat oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2) Follow cake directions as written on cake mix box.
3) Remove from oven and cool cake completely. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine strawberries, cognac and sugar. Let macerate 20 mins. Invert and release cake onto a decorative platter.
4) Whip cream with icing sugar and vanilla at medium-high speed until it reaches stiff peaks. Do not over whip.
5) Make jam as directed on box. Refrigerate jam mix but do not let it harden, it should cool to a liquid consistency.
6) Using a straw, poke holes all over the cake. Pour jam into holes and spread over the top of the cake.
7) Spread layer of macerated strawberries on top of cake. Spread layer of whipped cream on top of the strawberries, making pretty swirls and ripples. Garnish with fresh strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hrs.